Monday, May 25, 2009

Cell Phones

Its funny...I left my house heading to work this morning and about a block away from the office I suddenly realized that I forgot my phone at home!

The funny part about it, is the thoughts that began to race through my mind as I tried contemplating 8 hours with out it and whether or not it was even possible. Within a few seconds I quickly realized it was not possible to be without my phone...what if someone needed to get a hold of me? What if there was an emergency? Nevermind the fact that only 10 years ago I had no cell phone, or any way of contact for that matter outside of the good ol' fashion post office!!

So I made the trek back and when I actually got the phone in my hand I felt this immense weight lifted from my shoulders...There is something wrong with us...

1 comment:

  1. It felt like I was out of the loop and I had to depend on facebook to connect with others. In a way I think technology is helping us stay connected. Look at what twitter is doing! Texting our status allows others to see where we are and what we are doing. I think we're at that point where we cna't live with it, cant live without it.

    ReplyDelete