Monday, October 12, 2009

Community of Love


Today is a day I will not soon forget!

We are in a series titled "Human Torch" where we are challenging everyone to love outrageously. Outrageous love, the "Agape" love that we see in scripture is only known through the actions it prompts.

It is selfless and sacrificial seeking only to serve others and put their needs above their own. This is what the church was designed to do and its exactly what our communities did for me and my wife this week.

As you know, our refrigerator went out recently and we didnt exactly have the money to buy a new one but through the acts of love from the communities at Generate they were able to purchase one for us!!! I was stunned and shocked and confused all at the same time, but realized this is what the church was designed to do. I was brought to tears as I thanked God for my beautiful family.

Thank you to all of you who serve at Crossroads and Generate, for your outrageous love!

No comments:

Post a Comment