Monday, November 9, 2009

To Be Kind


I absolutely loved Pastor Chucks message on kindness this past Sunday. The thing that got me was that, it's through "kindness" that God would manifest Himself and reveal His true nature.

That, is a fact that I think too often we as the church have missed over and over again. I find myself in this precarious situation often, when talking with non believers about Jesus. We get so frustrated with their lack of understanding, that, what began as a healthy dialogue, turns into a heated argument with neither side really listening!

We argue vigorously, thinking that if we hit the right theological point, or illustrate the facts perfectly that they will surrender all their years of thought and suddenly concede, giving their life to Christ...rarely if ever have I seen this happen.

I find it interesting that in John 13:34-35, Jesus says that "if we love one another" THEN "the world will know you are my disciples." It was love and kindness that would show the world who Christ was.

My goal this week is to show love to those I have a hard time loving and being kind to those that need kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment