Sunday, July 19, 2009

Communication Vs. Expectation

Ok so here's the deal. I cant tell you how many times that Natalya and I have gotten into arguments over the littlest things, but almost every time we find out that it was a simple matter of communication!
Simple right?
Well...See here is what I believe happens in almost every situation whether its at work, home or in ministry and other people are involved our natural tendency is to hold certain expectations of them.
For some of us leaders, we see those that we are leading doing or not doing something, then we get upset with that person and automatically want them out. The question you have to ask yourself is, "Have I communicated to that person exactly what I expect from them?"
Because if not then you had better reconsider your exasperation!
You cannot have expectations from any relationship until you have thoroughly communicated them.
Learned that the hard way :)

2 comments:

  1. I thought I'd stop by and give you another hit on Statcounter!!! Oh and good post by the way. I finally learned this lesson on mine and Ricky's 3rd Valentine's Day together. We'd always get in fights on Valentine's day because I wanted him to just know what I wanted for Valentine's Day but as it turns out guys aren't mind readers!!! So, I finally told him that for Valentine's Day this year, all I expected from him was a love letter! Amazing how well communicating actually works!

    ReplyDelete