Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Quiet Time

So I've slowly been realizing that my mind is constantly being consumed with noise around me.
Im not talking about normal ambient sounds that we all hear from day to day, I'm talking about media noise (ie. t.v. radio). When I get in the car I have to have the radio on or some kind of music, when I get home I instantly turn the t.v. on.

In college I took a music class and the eccentric professor posed an interesting thought. He said that the reason why we have to listen to music in the car by ourselves is because most of us are afraid of the quiet. Afraid of the quiet??

When its quiet he said, "thats when you are left to hear your own thoughts, and people dont like that." Wow! What an interesting thought. As a christian I dont think its my own thoughts Im drowning out, but Gods still small voice trying to communicate with me. This week Ive decided to take a month off of music and television and let God be the only noise I hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment