Monday, August 17, 2009

2 Cents

I know this is going to sound like a rant but thats not at all what I want it to be.

Growing up playing sports has taught me so much about leadership, hard work and discipline, but this one lesson I have learned has proved invaluable to me.

I had great coaches in high school, with tons of experience and knowledge and their goal was to impart that knowledge and teach us the game. I always loved when players would try to talk or give their two cents and promptly shut down...(in not such a nice way either). The point they were always making was that you are just a player, just learning the game so keep you mouth shut and your ears open!

Proverbs 17:28 says that "Even a fool, when he keeps silent, is considered wise..."
Whether you are in ministry or at your job, don't always feel the need to throw out your two cents. Most of the time the guy always talking is the one that doesn't know anything.

Keep your mouth shut and even a fool can be considered wise!

No comments:

Post a Comment