Monday, August 24, 2009

Ill pray about it

“Let me pray about it.” “Ill have to wait and see what God wants me to do about this.”

How many times have you heard these phrases or even said these phrases yourself?

I know I am guilty of it! I’m not saying that we shouldn’t pray earnestly and seek Gods will for our life but sometimes I think we use it as a scapegoat to get out of doing what we know already needs to be done.

On one Sabbath day in Mark 3:1-5 Jesus comes upon a man with a withered hand and called everyone around and asked a simple question, “Is it better to do good or to do bad on this day?”

Everyone just stood there…silent…maybe thinking to themselves, “Let me pray about it.”

But Jesus’ point was that these people obviously did not know what God wants them to do in the first place. Having to think about or “pray” about things that God has already said we must do, may only be a clear indication of how little we are “engaged in His work.”

What is it that you need to start doing and stop praying about?

Does God need to tell you every second of the day what to do?

1 comment:

  1. Great post. I sure at some point in time we are ALL guilty of dragging our feet to see if there is an easier way around doing the right thing. It is so clear what God wants from us, and often there is a specific example in scripture, we just need to realize the necessity for obedience instead of "praying" for deliverance from what we know we must do.

    ReplyDelete