Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Feline Fanatics

Ok I just had to post this.
A friend of mine was telling me recently how his neighbor has been "caring" for all the stray cats in their neighborhood. She takes them in and feeds them, pays for their medical bills and even picks up strays in other areas and cares for them.

My friend said that when he tried to tell her that it wasn't healthy to keep that many cats in her house that she broke down and said that those cats were her ministry! She believed that God told her to take care of all of those animals.

Now I think its great that people have a heart and care for animals but in a nation when children are starving and homeless, the economy is crashing do you think its wise to spend that much money and effort on an animal?

I think cats are evil anyway, what are your thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. I wholeheartedly agree! I have a cat, and I love Minus, but it has always baffled me when I hear about people whose charities are Humane Society or Save the Polar Bears, etc. Out of all of the choices of charities to support and donate to, it confuses me as to how we can justify giving money for animals, but not for fellow human beings. Sometimes I wonder if this is a result of our naivety when it comes to the world outside of America (and even those impoverished within our own country,) or if it is more of an apathy thing... or perhaps just out of sight, out of mind. I don't get it.

    ReplyDelete