Monday, December 21, 2009

River of Guilt


I can vividly remember the time that I was out hiking and came upon a river that was flowing pretty quick from the recent rain and appeared to be quite deep.

As I stood on the shore of the river I looked both ways anxiously trying to find a way across so that I could complete my hike and get to my destination, only to find that there was clearly no way across. I felt defeated and discouraged as I turned around and headed back to the car to end my excursion.

Isnt it funny how our life has these rivers in from time to time? Things are going good and life is great you have a destination and purpose then all of the sudden, BAM! You get hit with guilt, shame, hurt, past failure and it becomes a surging river that we cant seem to cross.

We search desperately to find a bridge in which to get across, looking for just the right rocks directly in line, or an old log that might get us over, only to find ourselves drowning in our past.

When God sent His son to die on that cross, He became that bridge for us. In that moment when true love died, grace was bestowed upon us in an incomprehensible way. Grace, is not only is what is given that is not deserved, but it is the power to do what you could never do alone!

Whatever river you standing at, stop looking around frantically to find a way around and know that the way across is right before you!

No comments:

Post a Comment