Thursday, June 25, 2009

Be Still

Something amazing has been happening to me lately and I wanted to share it with you in the hopes that you will find it as beneficial as I have.
So things have been ramping up heading into the wedding in only 37 days, not to mention ministry and speaking engagements all weighing heavily on me. So I took this concept that was well known to many of the Old Testament people as well as many early Christians, but somehow has seemed to fall away from main stream christianity and its the idea of silence and solitude.
Psalm 46:10 says "be still and know that I am God." My question is in our busy schedule I know we carve out time to read our bibles and journal but do you carve out time to just sit and be with the God of all creation? No phone, no noise, no talking...just you and your King...

No comments:

Post a Comment