Thursday, January 14, 2010

Anger Issues

Ive been really broken over this topic of anger and how, at times, it can permeate my soul and suck the life right out of me if I let it.
I've had some pretty intense and even embarrassing moments in my life where I have let anger own me and my actions and I will be sharing some of those on Monday, but Im interested to hear from you.

Have you had those moments where in just a few seconds anger consumed you, but shortly after you realized how unbelievably ridiculous it was. Maybe you've had something happen to you that you let sit and stew in your heart till it robbed you of all your energy.

Please feel free to share...Im curious if Im just alone in this...

2 comments:

  1. i think it's natural for any human to experience that gut reaction of anger when something happens. however, my belief is in that second when in happens (well, maybe not always that quickly) you as a human being have the choice to stay angry, or look at the situation for what it truly is (not good or bad, just a neutral event) and choose a different interpretation.

    what most people don't realize is it is just as easy to choose to /not/ be angry as it is to choose to be angry. most people don't see it as a choice (from most people's points of view they play the victim; that person /made/ me angry), but in reality, we are the ones who choose our own feelings, and how we react to something.

    now i'm not saying i'm perfect; i've had my share of gut reactions where i've let anger take the best of me. but what i've learned now, is when i stop, take a breathe, and actually stand back and look at the situation, i can choose a different reaction to it, and in the long run, it's definitely served me, in each one of my relationships in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right on with that Natasha! The outbursts of rage and anger usually stem from some self righteous sense that we have been wounded. We carry that on as some sort of badge to allow us to justify our rage.

    Great Observation

    ReplyDelete