Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Thoughts from my wife!

I love my husband dearly, although we have only been married 5 months, I have learned to love every little quirk that I have discovered so far. Next week is the launch of a new series for Generate Jr. High called, “Guys don’t be creepy, Girls be kind.”

We are both looking forward to it, and today at lunch we began talking about some of the times I have not reacted “nice” in our dating relationship. Last year for my birthday (my first birthday as boyfriend & girlfriend) Ronny took note of what I needed. He is a very practical guy and noticed the brakes on my car were bad. So being the awesome practical boyfriend he handed me a red box that said Toyota, unwrapped, and inside, brakes for my car.

I understand that brakes are expensive and that I DO need them to drive my car, however as girl, brakes is not what you imagine to get when in your mind, your relationship is a fairytale and you expect a white horse and carriage ride (with a live jazz band on the corner). Ronny had no idea I felt this way until a year later when I exploded on my birthday the following year. A very not nice reaction, when he was simply trying to take care of my needs as I do neglect my car.

I did marry the most incredible, wonderful, and sexiest man alive, but we are both still learning how to bless one another when it comes to birthdays. Be sure to come this Monday night as Ronny shares how I messed up with one of his birthday gifts!

5 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha! This is awesome! I can totally relate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha thats hilarious! Thanks for always being such a great inspiration to me. I'm excited I have an amazing relationship to apply this inspiration to now! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. at least he didn't buy you a vacuum cleaner...i've heard of husbands doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dont worry Im coming back with a post about her...you'll see im not the only one who messes up..

    ReplyDelete