Monday, January 18, 2010

Scary Thoughts

Have you ever been reading in your quiet time and been hit with something so deep that you cant even keep reading? You're forced in that moment to stop and really pour over what those words mean to your life.

It happened to me yesterday and Im still working through what it all means. In Proverbs 17:3 it says that, "The refining pot is for silver and the furnace for gold, But the Lord tests the hearts."

I dont know about you but that hit me like a ton of bricks! Im sitting there asking myself, "Why am I doing all this?"Am I a preacher cause I love hearing all the accolades and praise from people, cause in some way it validates who I am? Or do I do it simply for the name of Jesus Christ?

In 1 Cor 3:9-15 that our works and deeds however great WE think they are will be tried by God to see what the true motive and heart behind them was. When I stand before God on that day, I cant lie! I cant say that I did it solely for Him when it wasn't.

Those are some scary thoughts that really have me praying and asking God to reveal my motives and heart and to purify me so that I can work wholeheartedly for Him. If you've never asked those questions I challenge you to ask them.

No comments:

Post a Comment